Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Di-monologues between Hammer Smith and Screw Driver

Driver: Howdy Smith ... I need a tool to hammer on things, I have been using a boulder to hit nails and screws and break rocks. And now that I have more work I find it difficult and painful to use a screwdriver to do that

Smith: Give me a few days to think over this problem and I'll try to design you a good tool for your job., especially I know some things about hitting on objects

After the proverbial few days Driver is back...

Driver: So did you make me something interesting.

Smith: Oh yes.. I have designed you the right tool I think...It has a heavy and hard head and a long grip holder ...You get a lot of leverage when you swing it,,,,so you can hit much more efficiently..
I made the grip smooth for comfort. The head is made of steel to last long. Hammer I'll call it.

Driver: Okay it looks interesting...I'll try it out...


After a few more proverbially boring days...Driver is back at the Smith's shop

Driver: You know...I don't like your hammer... I have never used anything like this and its odd.
Its so different from using a boulder to hit on things...

Smith: Let me show you how to use it... See grip it like this and hit on things ....Like that..
isn't that easier than using a boulder....So you see the precision you get at hitting too..And the force you want to hit things is more controllable. And boy it should be less tiring

Driver: I am not so sure...You know what: I really want a boulder to hit things...So can't you make me a tool that resembles a boulder and behaves like a boulder...

Smith: I'm telling you the hammer is so much better and easier...

Driver: You know I am paying you ...So I tell you make me a boulder...

Smith: May be but may be not...Why don't you use your boulder...And let me find something else to do !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home